|Weekly Recipe - 04/21/07 ... AND A CONTEST!
||[Apr. 22nd, 2007|10:42 pm]
Orthodox Food - recipes of faith traditions
The weather is finally warm and I'm starting to cook and bake again. It's funny, with having colitis and a bad flare up, food was not something I wanted to think about for a good two weeks. Entering my own kitchen was painful. So, with my feeling better and the warm weather, I've decided to host ANOTHER CONTEST!!!
- Submit one or two recipes to me, Amy, at firstname.lastname@example.org, by 8pm EST, May 15th, 2007. These recipes should be faith related and summer/warm weather themed. Main course to beverage, anything is fine.
- Include your name, your screen/LJ name, email address, and recipe.
- If you have won another contest here at orthodoxfood, I ask that you hold off submissions. This way, we give everyone a shot at winning.
- THE PRIZE!?!? THIS recipe book, featuring recipes from my home state, Virginia.
- And of course, if you have questions, email me and let me know! The winning recipe will be featured in my Weekly spot!
I was doing some recipe research this weekend, and I discovered two things. One - Shavuot is May 23rd and secondly, I found a lot of things having to do with cheesecake and this holiday. So, I hope my research is correct. As always, if it's not, let me know, and I'll correct it. So this week, I bring you some yummy cheese cake goodness! *Note - I found this recipe on All Recipes.com, and it looks SO good, that I had to post it. AllRecipes also has great info about making cheesecake, if you have not done so before.*
Chantal's New York Cheese CakeIngredients
- 15 graham crackers, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9 inch spring form pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs with melted butter. Press onto bottom of spring form pan.
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese with sugar until smooth. Blend in milk, and then mix in the eggs one at a time, mixing just enough to incorporate. Mix in sour cream, vanilla and flour until smooth. Pour filling into prepared crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Turn the oven off, and let cake cool in oven with the door closed for 5 to 6 hours; this prevents cracking. Chill in refrigerator until serving.