|Weekly Recipe - 05/05/07
||[May. 4th, 2007|09:09 pm]
Orthodox Food - recipes of faith traditions
First off ... don't forget about the most recent CONTEST!!!!!!!! You have about another week or two to enter.
I've been vacant from the site again, I know. Another flare up, working A LOT, and general feelings of just needing to do nothing ..... yeah, that will do it. I was also trying to find some current religious holidays to post some good food for, and for some reason, I can't come up with anything. But, tomorrow is Cinco de Mayo, so I thought, what the heck!
Spicy Bean SalsaIngredients
Directions In a medium bowl, combine black-eyed peas, black beans, corn, onion, green bell pepper, jalapeno peppers and tomatoes. Season with Italian-style salad dressing and garlic salt; mix well. Cover, and refrigerate overnight to blend flavors.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced jalapeno peppers
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup Italian-style salad dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
Annie's Fruit Salsa and Cinnamon Chips
- 2 kiwis, peeled and diced
- 2 Golden Delicious apples - peeled, cored and diced
- 8 ounces raspberries
- 1 pound strawberries
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons fruit preserves, any flavor
- 10 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- butter flavored cooking spray
- 2 cups cinnamon sugar
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix kiwis, Golden Delicious apples, raspberries, strawberries, white sugar, brown sugar and fruit preserves. Cover and chill in the refrigerator at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Coat one side of each flour tortilla with butter flavored cooking spray. Cut into wedges and arrange in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Sprinkle wedges with desired amount of cinnamon sugar. Spray again with cooking spray.
- Bake in the preheated oven 8 to 10 minutes. Repeat with any remaining tortilla wedges. Allow to cool approximately 15 minutes. Serve with chilled fruit and spice mixture.