|Weekly Recipe - 05/27/07 .... and a WELCOME
||[May. 28th, 2007|05:53 pm]
Orthodox Food - recipes of faith traditions
Happy Memorial Day weekend everyone. I wanted to let you know that we have a new member! Welcome, freesprouts, to Orthodox Food!!!! As always, please read the info page, and have a great time!|
This week's recipe is in honor of our newest member! A great vegetarian recipe that I found on All Recipes.
Grilled Beets in Rosemary Vinegar
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon herbes de Provence
- 3 medium beets, sliced into rounds
- In a medium bowl, mix balsamic vinegar, rosemary, garlic, and herbes de Provence. Place beets in the mixture, and marinate at least 20 minutes.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil grate.
- Place the beets and marinade mixture on a piece of foil large enough to wrap all ingredients, and seal tightly. Place the foil packet on the prepared grill, and cook 25 minutes, or until beets are tender.
- Remove beets from the packet, and place directly on the grill grate for 2 to 5 minutes before serving hot.